15 February 2007

me and the bus

So, nothing interesting happened today. Not really. It's still cold, but that's old news. I did miss the CTA bus a few times lately, though. I generally only ride the bus when it's cold enough to freeze jet fuel, mostly because it's only eight or nine blocks that I have to walk. But here's what normally happens...I come around the corner to see the bus pulling away. Or, I stand in the cold for fifteen minutes waiting for a bus that was supposed to come every twelve minutes, leaving me to start walking and not see the bus I was waiting for until I'm almost home. Or, I get on the wrong bus. Or I sit next to a man who likes to yell things like, "Smile, everybody! It's Friday. Hoo-Hah!" (Actually that story comes third-hand from my friend's friend.) Whatever the case, public transportation is a part of my life that I love, if only in small doses.

And here's a whole blog devoted to those transported by public transport.
 
« chicago blogs »