13 June 2008

What's in your bag?

I'm not sure how I first ran accross these photos (probably from someone researching networked space and images or something). At any rate, there is a flikr group devoted to showing the world the contents of their bags. This group has over 10,000 members. Yes, 10,000. People from around the world spill out the contents of their bags and snap a photo. Some people are very organized in the presentation of their bric-a-brac. Others, not so much. When I got my new timbuk2 bag in the mail the other day, I thought I'd better snap a few pictures to show the world. I then searched the "What's in your bag?" group for timbuk2 bags, and wouldn't you know it? No one had a D.W. doll stuffed into an oatmeal box or fake keys in their bag. And no one had a sweet Elayna Mae in a bag either.





And one more thing...since my bag is technically a messenger bag, I couldn't help commenting on Chicago's crazy bike messengers (and bikers in general). The other day I was crossing the street downtown, when a bike messenger darted through oncoming traffic to cut a corner. I guess it must be thrilling to be on the edge like that, and this probably the reason these bike people were excited to get this law passed last year. It requires drivers to yield three feet to bikers. Three feet. And that's a victory.
 
« chicago blogs »